Toothaches can be painful and happen at any time. For some, it’s after a meal while for others it can ache persistently throughout the day. It can be hard to know what to do if you have a toothache, which is why our team is happy to help you.
Our dentist, Dr. Michael Sanders, can help you with your toothache troubles. That is why our team at Eagle Summit Dental Group in Eagle River, Alaska, has prepared some basic treatments and tips to help you with your toothaches.
Here is a list of tips on treating toothaches:
– Ice packs can help dull the pain and reduce swelling for a time.
– Over-the-counter medications can help treat toothaches and lower pain to make tolerable until you are able to see your dentist.
– Clean your mouth and teeth carefully to clear bacteria that could make it worse and promote healing for your achy teeth.
– Avoid any hard or tough to chew foods, so you do not make the toothache worse or put your teeth in danger.
– Call your dentist and make an appointment, so your dentist can see why you are in pain and correct the issue.
– Rinse your mouth thoroughly to wash away bacteria from your teeth and mouth.
– Floss your teeth carefully in case a seed or food particle is causing the issue between your teeth or along your gumline.
If you need help with a troubling toothache, please give us a call at 907-694-8234 to make an appointment. Our team is happy to assist you and help you with your oral health care concerns and needs.