Caring for your smile has never been easier. With all of the wonderful dental treatments available to you, most dental restorations you may need are just an office visit away. However, if you should suffer an oral emergency due to an accident or injury, replying with caution and preparation are key to keeping your recovery time at a minimum. Helpful tips are as follows:
– If a tooth becomes dislodged or is knocked out, it may be possible to save it by placing it in milk or an approved tooth-saving product such as Save-A-Tooth, until a trip to your dentist to allow them to set it properly into place is arranged.
– If you suffer a bitten lip or tongue, wash your mouth out with water to keep the wound clean use gauze to stop the bleeding. If you severely bite your lip and tongue, you may need to see a doctor for stitches.
– If you have an object stuck in your mouth, try using an interdental device such as dental floss to remove the item. Avoid using sharp objects to try and remove them.
– If you have lost a filling, use a piece of chewing gum or dental cement to hide the area until you get treatment. If you have lost a dental crown, hide the area with a cotton swab preferably coated in clove oil.
– If you crack or fracture a tooth, wash the area around the tooth so it is clean and clear of debris and use gauze on the wound to slow the bleeding until it stops.
Come speak with Eagle Summit Dental Group to learn which oral health care treatments are right for you. To schedule an oral exam with Dr. Michael Sanders and our team at our dentist office in Eagle River, Alaska, simply give us a call at 907-694-8234. Thanks for visiting with a smile!